Thursday 12 December 2013

TELL ME ABOUT IT

Today was one of those days.
‘I got to work early this morning, and then my boss asks to see him in his office, there he hands me my termination of work letter; you see I lost my job today. ‘But he says he’s sorry that they couldn't afford that many staffs anymore, so they had to let a quarter of staffs go and he’s sorry I’m among them, he looked genuinely sorry too’.
‘Aren’t they all? I ask rhetorically as I gulp down the glass of spirit in my hands.
‘And then’, I continue with my face towards an old man, whose face was in the clouds and had absolutely no idea what the hell I was talking about.
‘I go to withdraw money from the ATM, but my accounts in red!’ I laughed hysterically.
‘You see, I was way overdue for my salary, with this shitty economy and all I needed the job more, but instead they let me go and without money too’, I could sue them old man’, I say as I gulp another gulp of spirit laughing.
‘And then on my way to this bar to drown out my sorrows, this jeep drives by me and splashes this bucket of muddy water on me!’
‘you see I had such a shitty day, I have to be happy, I’m so freaking happy, as I’m walking to the bar, this idea pops in my head, “why, instead of drowning my sorrow, I should celebrate!’
‘What the hell, it’s Friday anyway, ‘here’s to the freaking weekend’ I toasted, but my little old friend was already snoring away in dreamland.

2 comments: