Thursday 20 August 2015

DC VS MARVEL

I just thought my blog wouldn't be complete, if I didn't compare these two companies. Before I compare, let me give a brief history of the two companies.
Dc (detective comics) founded in 1934 as National Allied Publications is an American comic book publisher, a company of warnerBros entertainment, which itself is owned by Time Warner. It is one of the largest and most successful companies operating in American comic books and produces material featuring numerous well-known characters including Batman, Superman, wonder woman, green arrow, green lantern, flash, Aqua man, Hawkman, Shazan, Justice league amongst others, as well as well known villians such as cat woman,  the joker, lex Luther and so on.

While Marvel Worldwide Inc on the other hand, commonly referred to as Marvel Comics and formely Marvel Publishing Inc. was founded in 1939 as Timely Publications. Its parent company, Marvel Entertainment was acquired by Walt Disney.  Marvel counts among its characters, spider man,wolverine, Iron man, captain America, the hulk, thor, the silver surfer, daredevil, ghost rider, avengers, fantastic four, xmen, guardians of the galaxy as well as antagonists such as doctor octopus,  green goblin, loki, kingpin, magneto, Dr doom, red skull,  hydra and thanos.

So now, my take on the two companies, the thing is, I've always been a big Dc fan but looking now at the two companies and their achievements,  I've got to hand it to Marvel Comics, I mean, they make the best movies and have the more popular characters. I remember the first Superman movie I watched, for a good 30 minutes into the movie, all I heard was the piano playing...yawns... However,  Dc, makes the best cartoons. I mean avengers cartoon cannot compare with the Justice League. Marvel or Dc, what do you think? Feel free to drop your comments.

1 comment: