Thursday 17 October 2013

IT GETS BETTER

I stayed locked in my green bedroom trying to make sense of it all. I laid on my bed pulling the green sheets off the mattress and closer to me. I could still hear the shouts and screams. Usually I’d put my headphones and blast my rock songs to the highest possible volume but today I couldn’t. This time it looked like the voices were coming from my head and I couldn’t get them off even with maximum volume. The voices grew louder and clearer, yes, I could hear them now. It was like a war going on in my head but this them they chanted in unison ‘Do it, do it do it’.
‘It gets better’, I tell myself, ‘it gets better’, clutching the green sheets.
 ‘No, it doesn’t ‘, I could still hear the voices telling me.
‘Yes it does!’ I shouted.
“Just do it, you want to get rid of me? You know what to do, this time you’ll be successful”,

I took a long and hard look around my green bedroom before I got up to take the pen knife on my desk and stop the voices once and for all. 

1 comment: