Wednesday 9 October 2013

MID-WEEK SPECIAL - THE DIARY OF THE OTHER WOMAN PT2

 
Hey guys, here's the second part to 'The diary of the other woman' series. If you still haven't read the part one, here's your chance, click on linkhttp://melonyzblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diary-of-other-woman-exclusive-to_27.html?spref=tw
                                             

                                          Two
Sat May 21st 2011
10:58am
Today is Ese’s birthday, almost forgot. Be right back.
                          11:08am
I’m back! Sorry D, and sorry I haven’t had time to write on you in a while, I’ve been kind of busy with work and stuffs and I also spent one weekend at home, plus Tony and I have been hanging out a lot lately, he keeps pushing me to try things I’m not used to or I’ve never done before. I mean just last week Saturday we went swimming! And now I wonder why I’ve never swam before. In the beginning I didn’t particularly like him but now I think he’s growing up on me.
And D, why is it that when one guy seems to have an interest in you, other guys from nowhere just want to get a hold of you. I mean where were they when I was all alone in my room writing my columns? Huh?
About me and Tony, I don’t really know where we stand, I mean… if we are dating… for now we are just hanging out and I’m cool with it… I think.
About my work? Well, it’s been going great, there are rumors Mrs. Nedo, my boss, has been given an offer to be the editor in chief of Esquire magazine with more pay. My guess is that I’m about to have a new boss pretty soon…that’s if the rumors are true. For now, they are just rumors.
I got a critic’s email about the advice I gave anonymous lady, because I told her to follow her heart. He, Debo, well I’m not really sure if it’s a he or she. He said, it is easy to just tell people to follow their heart and get paid to do so, that I’m not really give out any advice. I’m not the least bit bothered by it, working in this industry; I’ve developed a thick skin.
I have to stop writing now, Tony and I are going to the cinemas, to watch ‘I am number four’, we are both psyched about it. Ok later.

Friday May 27th 2011.
22:30
It turns out the rumours were true about Mrs. Nedo, I mean… She is leaving for Esquire Magazine; she handed in her resignation letter today. It turns out I’m actually going to miss her, I know I’ve done nothing but complain about her but she’s the reason I got to have my column, because of her overly busy schedule, her consideration and recommendation. DD, I’m actually close to tears now, I’m really going to miss her. I wonder who my new boss is going to be…hmm maybe it will be Mrs. Duro or maybe a male this time? Mr. Peter? Whoever it turns out to be, I hope we have a good working relationship.
Work was hectic today, because of Monday’s public holiday!- Democracy Day! No work! *dancing*.
Saturday May 28th 2011.
22:31
Tony keeps trying to get me to open up DD… it’s just hard for me to really open up, to someone, that’s what I really have left to myself. Remember how really broken I was when Victor and I ended things, I thought I’d never get over him and all of that. But I did, and I don’t want any of that, I just want to be sure before I let myself be known again.
Here’s small Amebo for you, it seems Chioma and Chike’s relationship is getting really serious o! I better start looking for a new roommate because I hear wedding bells ringing already!
Sunday, May 29th 2011.
13:11
It’s raining. I’ve decided to stay in and enjoy the weather today, even if it weren’t raining, I already took today off. Tony called but no thanks. Even Emeka called too. Did I tell you about Emeka? Maybe not, I met him at that wedding Vicky and I went to. It’s just that hanging out with Tony almost all my free time isn’t leaving room for anybody else… Today, I’m just going to relax! Believe me, I need it!
Somehow this weather is making me home sick and nostalgic; it has been about a month, I last went home. It would be nice to spend the next weekend at home. I don’t know why I didn’t go home this weekend anyway, considering tomorrow’s public holiday. Mumsy calls almost every day trying to make sure I feel guilty about moving away from home but what can I do? My office from home is almost an hour’s journey without traffic!
Hmm… My birthday is in about two weeks’ time, I hope they will remember, well…it’s kind of hard to forget especially when you share birthday with MKO Abiola’s death anniversary… June 12th! Can’t believe I’ll be twenty five! Mehn! I don dey old o! I wonder what plans Tony has for me, I told him I like surprises… 
Hey! Write on you later jhor, you’re cutting into my relaxing time. Later DD.
Monday, May 30th 2011.
08:45am
So… I’m dedicating today to just relaxing… making up for Friday’s hectic day... and of course to my column.
Saturday, June 4 2011.
15:05
I’m at home now and this time, I remembered to carry you along… came home straight from work yesterday. Home is kind of relaxing and stressful at the same time. I’m done with chores, it’s funny how no matter how grown up I am or I think I am, parents have a way of making me humble! The chores were just waiting for me like they knew I was coming. So far so good, being at home has been great. No, mumsy hasn’t had ‘the talk’ with me but she kept hinting on this guy she wanted me to meet after dinner last night and breakfast this morning...and lunch this afternoon. The guy is supposed to call me anytime soon because she has already given him my number. Be right back, my phone’s ringing, maybe it’s him! *shocked face*.

1 comment: